Chris Latham is a Clinical Nutritionist. She is a member of the American College of Nutrition and the Institute for Functional Medicine. Her practice focuses on Integrative and Functional Medicine, a methodology geared towards the "whole person." This involves optimal functioning of the body and its organs. Chris incorporates the latest in genetic science, systems biology, and how environmental and lifestyle factors influence the development and progression of chronic disease. The causes of these are typically rooted in lifestyle choices, environmental exposures, and genetic influences.
Since everyone’s health issues are unique and influenced by many factors, Chris utilizes a multifaceted nutritional approach. She assesses hormonal influences, inflammatory conditions, intestinal issues, neurotransmitters, and genomics. By focusing on your unique genetic makeup, Chris can explore with you the aspects of today’s lifestyle that have a direct influence on chronic disease. This includes environmental factors such as stress, diet, and exposure to toxins. Chris will listen to your history and look at the interactions of your genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors to provide you with long-term health and protect you from chronic disease. She will use various strategies including nutrition, diet, and exercise to both treat and prevent illness.
Welcome to Heal Well Nutrition. I look forward to working with you.
- Clinical Nutritionist (MSACN)
- Member of the American Council of Nutrition (ACN)
- Certified Sports Nutritionist, International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)
- Certified Personal Trainer, International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)
- M.S. Applied Clinical Nutrition, New York Chiropractic College
- B.S. California State University of Northridge
Sample of Past Speaking Engagements
- Santa Barbara Health and Beauty Expo
- Santa Barbara Hormone Workshop Series
- Santa Barbara Triathlon Club
- The Lab